Dear friends of our are going camping in a couple of weeks for the first time in a while. She knows me and my list making and asked if I could share my prep for camping list with her. I am of course happy to share with her because that’s what I do.
Now we go camping with a camper. That is stocked with towels, sheets, pillows and such. I always pack clothes for warm weather AND cold weather. Plus extras in case of mud/rain.
So this is what I make sure I always have:
- Bug spray
- Canopy for shade
- Dog leash/tether
- Toys/music and speaker/books
- Dog bowls
- Wood for fires
- Roasting sticks
- Long handle metal flipper
- Long handle metal tongs
- Cast iron pans
- Metal grate for over campfire
- Pie irons
- Heavy duty Aluminum foil
- Charcoal (if you prefer to cook with that rather than wood)
- Paper plates
- Paper towel
- Silverware (disposable if you don’t want to do dishes)
- And of course RED solo cups!
- Food planned and prepared as much as possible
- Individual chip bags so that they don’t go stale
- S’more fixings (when camping we use fudge stripe cookies and marshmallows)
- Pam cooking spray
- Salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion powder/season salt
- Stick butter
Now for food we normally do eggs, bacon, pancakes, pop tarts, or bars for breakfast. Pudgy pies, cold meat sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, onion bombs, chicken, corn on the cob, potatoes, asparagus, baby carrots, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, s’mores, individual chip bags.
Thankfully since I do camper camping I have a fridge so cold storage for me is not a problem. I hope this list has helped at least someone out there. I know it helps me to have it when packing time comes. SO, is there anything you always take camping that I have forgotten??